The Ninth Workshop on
Department of Mathematics,
College of William and Mary
Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii
July 19 (Saturday) - July 21 (Monday), 2008.
Scientific program will start July 19 afternoon at Jones Hall 302.
The 9th Workshop on "Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii" will be held at
the College of William and Mary from July 19 - 21, 2008, in conjunction
IWOTA 2008, which will also take place at William and Mary.
The workshop is endorsed by the International Linear Algebra Society.
18th International Symposium
on Mathematical Theory
and Networks and Systems (MTNS)
will be held at Virginia Tech at
Blacksburg, July 28-August 1, 2008.
Participants may consider coming to WONRA, IWOTA, and / or MTNS.
The purpose of the workshop is to stimulate research and foster interaction
of researchers interested in the subject. The informal workshop atmosphere
will facilitate the exchange of ideas from different research areas and,
hopefully, the participants will leave informed of the latest developments
and newest ideas. One may visit the website
WONRA to see some
background about the subject and previous meetings.
Report of the 2008 WONRA
There will be a special issue of Linear and Multilinear Algebra
devoted to the papers presented at the workshop. The submitted papers
will go through the usual editorial/referee process.
The submission deadline is:
The special editors of the issue are:
Pictures of the workshop
Registration and deadlines
There will be no registration fee for the meeting.
To register, please send the following information to
Chi-Kwong Li at email@example.com
by June 15, 2008.
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail.
- Specify whether you will give a 25 min. talk.
If yes, please attach the texfile of the abstract and title of your talk using
this basic latex template.
- Specify the schedule constraint of your talk if there is any.
Travel and Accommodations
Visit the IWOTA 2008 websites
Please mention the connection to the IWOTA conference to get the
Program and abstracts
All talks will take place in Jones Hall 302.
Discussion can take place in Jones Hall 301.
Directions and Campus Map
Coffee will be arranged at the first floor of Jones Hall.
Workshop dinner (July 20) will be Chinese buffet.
Workshop photo on July 21 will be taken outside Jones Hall.
IWOTA reception (July 21) will be at the University Center.
July 19 (Sat) July 20 (Sun) July 21 (Mon)
11:30- noon Tretter
noon -12:30 Hou
12:30- 1:30 pizza lunch/photo
1:30 - 2:00 Choi Kribs pizza lunch
2:00 - 2:30 Spitkovsky Gau Nata
2:30 - 3:00 Mirman Poon Zachlin
3:00 - 3:30 coffee coffee coffee
3:30 - 4:00 Rodman Sze Szafraniec
4:00 - 4:30 Tam Clark Gueliri
4:30 - 5:00 Teixeira Mahle Li
6:00 - 8:00 Workshop dinner
(at Wok "n" Roll restaurant).
7:00 -10:00 Iwota reception.
(at Lodge 1,
Most up to date
- Vladi Bolotnikov, College of William and Mary.
- Carl Cowen, IUPUI
- Mao-Ting Chien, Soochow University.
- Man-Duen Choi, University of Toronto.
- Sean Clark, William and Mary.
- Hocine Guediri, King Saud University.
- Hwa-Long Gau, National Central University.
- Jinchuan Hou, Taiyuan University of Technology.
- Derek Kitson, Trinity College Dublin.
- David Kribs, University of Guelph.
- Chi-Kwong Li, College of William and Mary (organizer).
- Jennifer Mahle, William and Mary.
- Boris Mirman, Suffolk University.
- Jennifer Moorhouse, Colgate University.
- Ana Nata, Polytechnic Institute of Tomar, Portugal.
- Nikolaos Papathanasiou, National Technical University of Athens.
- Ed Poon, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Yiu-Tung Poon, Iowa State University.
- Panagiotis Psarrakos, National Technical University of Athens.
- Marian Elizabeth Robbins, Cal Poly State University.
- Leiba Rodman, College of William and Mary.
- Thomas Schulte-Herbrueggen, Technical University Munich.
- Hans Schneider, University of Wisconsin.
- David Sherman, University of Virginia
- Ilya Spitkovsky, College of William and Mary.
- FH Szafraniec, Uniwersytet Jagiello\'nski
- Nung-Sing Sze, University of Connecticut.
- Tin-Yau Tam, Auburn University.
- Ricardo Teixeira, CMUC/University of Azores, Portugal.
- Christiane Tretter, University of Bern.
- Michael Tsatsomeros, Washington State University.
- Jani Virtanen, University of Helsinki.
- Paul Zachlin, Lakeland Community College.