[ Teaching | Research | Student Mentoring | CV ]
Department of Mathematics
William and Mary
Office: Jones 111
If you're an undergraduate student at William and Mary interested in doing a reading course/summer project/independent study in mathematics feel free to shoot me an email.
I'm happy to talk about any area of pure or applied mathematics, but the following topics are of particular interest to me:
- Lie groups. This area of mathematics involves group theory and linear algebra,
- Complex Analysis. This area of mathematics involves analysis and complex numbers, but also uses ideas from topology, Algebraic geometry, group theory, and much more.
- Topological data analysis. Using ideas from a branch of mathematics called topology to study large data sets.
- Sports Analytics. Applying machine learning to make sports related predictions.
- Reading course in topological data analysis (Winter 2017)
- Reading course in differential geometry (Fall 2015)
- Graduate student mentor (Summer 2008): Mentored a group of undergraduates conducting mathematical research at Central Michigan University.
Last updated: January 14, 2018.